Thursday, October 15, 2009

Saying, Doing the Right Thing

Saying an unacceptable thought regardless of being factual or not has always been the biggest regret of my life. This silly mistake I did in the past cost me a great friend. That was one of the times I wished I was more matured back then, enough to be tact in choosing my words. And yet I was a kid at that time and I couldn't change anything anymore. Guess the only consolation I had was a good lesson that I brought along as I grow up. When you find your real friends, you only focus on what's more important to you because physical things do not have a lasting effect. After all, who are you to point out others' dirt when you have specks on your own eye, just as what's written in the Bible. And for me, it's a good thing to keep in mind. It will save you from a lot of trouble and be able to keep trustworthy people. Isn't that what matters more?

Moving on, this time I said some words I could have rephrased better and dived onto a new ground without thinking ahead. Not that I regretted losing him, but it had bothered me that someone hated me so bad. I should have thought about it the 1st, 2nd , 3rd and up to the nth time before I led this guy to believe that we can have the real thing, a genuine love affair. Evenmore when I decided to let him go, I should have said 'I thought I loved you' instead of 'I don't love you.' He was terribly hurt. Even though both lines kind of mean the same thing, 'I thought I loved you' was the more appropriate feeling I had for him. I was blinded by my vision of what love is supposed to be (no sight for the physical and yearns to be treated as special) and that's what made me believe I found what I've been looking for in him. Not until I was faced with the real situation and by then I just can't seem to return the feeling. It's like I don't even know him even after talking over the phone for several hours each day or talking in game as we played all day. I just couldn't see myself being with him for real. I knew of course that I wronged the person, I didn't even consider that what if he was really in love with me and I seemed to have toyed with his emotions. And after all the commotion, I never had a chance to explain anymore. Nonetheless, that's what you get from online dating. I have nothing against people who believe they can find their soul mates over the internet or even through text but I'm just not a believer; not when everytime I think about it, this is the kind of memory that will appear in my head.

Anyway, whatever mistake we have done in the past, there is always a lesson to be learned. And it's now up to us if we want to repeat the same mistake or do the right thing this time. And whichever path we take, we just have to expect that it would either spell out DOOM or save your FACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment