Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Katorse Madness

Yes I've been watching this show religiously to the extent that I even got mad when I missed half of the show after waking up so late. I remember behaving this way back in college, dorm days yes. Back then I wake myself through alarm and when I can't manage to wake up in time I even blamed my bestfriend who is also my roommate. It's a pretty stupid reaction to blame other people for your own mistakes but at times you really can't help it. A while ago I even blamed my mom, who is also watching Katorse by the way, "Why in the world did you not wake me up?" I know isn't it silly to displace your frustration to your own parent just because you couldn't blame yourself? I should really break this habit of displacing everytime I wake up in a bad mood. And look at Katorse being equated to my studies that's a big comparison, you can perfectly imagine how addicted I am to the show.

I could say the reason I got this addicted is because the story is well written, thumbs up for the writers for a job well done. Moreso, I have a crush on Enchong Dee and I find Erich Gonzales as a really great actress and their team up is "kakakilig." Their chemistry is really evident that's why I'm planning to watch their indie film "Paano Ko Sasabihin."

Aside from my personal reasons for watching, I think this is a great show that parents, teenagers should see because it is really an eye-opener. And for other viewers, Katorse is really entertaining. The scenes are exaggerated to provide entertainment because if in real life you have a son like Gabby and a daughter like Nene, I'm sure their parents would have died from heart attack already. Nonetheless there's too many lessons to be learned and personally I'm not a big fan of fantaseryes, I like shows that are realistic in sense. Yeah maybe that is why my other favorite show is Maalaala Mo Kaya.

I don't think what I wrote here is any different from the interviews they show about people saying that Katorse really provides lessons in life. In addition, whenever I watch this show I remember my highschool days, I was a very defiant girl. I say what I think is right regardless whether there would be people who would be hurt and I do whatever makes me happy even if my parents don't agree. I kind of see that in my younger brother who is already in highschool and having studied about our psychosocial development, I think it helped a lot for me to understand that I behaved normally. I used to think that I'm such a black sheep just like Gabby because I fought a lot with my dad because I'm such an outspoken person. Eventually that attitude changed, I have no idea what would have happened if I stayed at home back in college. Would I still engage in a verbal sparring against my dad everyday? But I can see now we don't fight that much anymore, I would say maturity played a heavy role on the transition and I think that is being shown in Katorse.

And by the way I am moved by Erich's acting, hopefully she gets an award. And I love Malou de Guzman as Aling Nena, she made me laugh and her heavy dramatic lines really hit me too. And to all the actors and actresses in the show, staff, director and writers, keep up the good work. You make us so happy with your masterpiece, Katorse.

No comments:

Post a Comment