Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Apocalypse Run Review-ish and Everything Else

A very productive way to get back at blogging which is releasing all my rage by ranting. My cranky day started at waking up late and making my pal wait, yeah of course she has the license to be even crankier. And we're wondering God knows how to get there, with the taxi driver not knowing his $h!zz asking people how to get to Circuit Makati. 

And finally when we got there, it appears there's something wrong. We won't be getting our singlets and we're not alone. So I asked this organizer where are the singlets? You did post on your fb site that you'll be releasing unclaimed singlets at the venue. Then he told me the delivery guy is still in Quiapo. So we had to run without one. Onto the baggage counter, it was a literal leaving your baggage. Our stuff were labeled using a packaging tape and pentel pen then dumped onto a number of other bags lying on the floor. 

Now let me describe how the track looks like as I'm too lazy to include photos. It was a construction site wherein we had to run in a concrete road with some rocky parts and sandy atmosphere. Describing the splash run, there was a firetruck spraying the runners then the color run is achieved by crawling under a black sheet, the paint was splayed on a thin wooden plank. Yes you have the option to avoid them. Next is the obstacle run which urges you to get through a short criss crossed garter roadblock that you can easily go through. As you keep on running you'll be given a hot water refill(pun intended) as you brace yourselves with the entry of the dreaded zombies. Man, they really scared the $h!zz outta me, not! Prepare to get chased...by selfies. They don't chase or scare in my POV, that really let me down plus the makeup wasn't really up to par. One person who left a feedback said that the zombies were outnumbered by a helluva lot for them to even cause fear. According to some people there were in fact water balloons in the last part that you can throw at their zombies, too bad after the first wave their supplies lasted. It would have been a great way for me to unleash my frustration. Then after that you just make your way back and proceed to the boring after party. 

We went back after the run to follow up our singlet and there were already other people who were fuming towards that same organizer we first encountered so I had an inkling we'll end up empty. Still, I asked him again where's the delivery person, he answered in Alabang. I had a feeling he's just lying to get us to shut up but you know when people are misleading you, it's just spurring you on. I wanted to shout at him or strangle him so they would be able to see what a real apocalypse run would look like hehehe. But that's not what a sane person would do and it's pretty much useless arguing with someone who doesn't know a thing. It would just make you look smaller and foolish. 

It seems to me, they were trying to achieve an Apocalypse dimension but failed miserably. The production was too cheap for their own good or should I say ours coz it felt like we were totally ripped off as it was originally priced at P850, only had ours at 500+ via metrodeal. With no singlet and a very disappointing run, it was no doubt not worth your money. This event did not meet my expectation, I know I don't run often but events like this should make you feel good not robbed. 

There must be a reason why my pal kept asking me before if we'll still be able to claim our singlet and then I read that you can still register onsite for P850 without a singlet. Oh, the power of that nagging feeling at the back of your head. 

The only saving grace is being in the good company of someone you enjoy hanging out with and doing these kinda things. Only goes to show any activity can still be fun with the kind of people around you. 

Onto the Verdict: Waste of money, very disorganized and disappointing, The Great Events Plus Phil. Inc. should start getting their $h!zz together if they wanna pull a good one in their upcoming events. I'm sure the bad feedbacks would snowball across the running community.

1 comment:

  1. I was there in the Apocalypse run too. To add to what you have said, I am not sure if the organizers know the concept of logistics in planning an event. If you saw the back of the singlet, there are a LOT of sponsors printed but I don't recall seeing all of them in the venue (correct me if I am wrong). In my opinion, the venue was also very dangerous.

    Perhaps, next time, they could put a ceiling on how many can participate so that it would not look like a rally. A better venue (The Fort) can also be an option (though quite pricey).

    I don't think I'll trust the marketing/advertising of The Great Events Plus Phil. Inc. - they are lousy. There are other fun run to choose from - those that can live up to their advertisements.

    ReplyDelete